Set and surpass your goals as an oboist!
During the current Covid-19 restrictions, lessons will be held online via video chat. When we resume in person lessons, students will have the option of continuing their lessons online or coming to my studio in Newcastle, WA. Each lesson is either 45 minutes or one hour long, depending on your need.
Students in the JS Oboe Studio will:
- Receive weekly reed adjustment help as needed. Your reeds shouldn’t be getting in the way of your playing. They should be easy to play and help you sound beautiful! During Covid-19 restrictions, I am scheduling occasional in-person lessons for students who need immediate reed help.
- Keep track of and quickly see their weekly progress through level-appropriate method books or etude books.
- Receive personalized coaching to excel at assignments for band class.
- Train for success in auditions for youth symphony or honors ensembles.
Free Trial Lesson
Not quite sure yet if you want to join the JS Oboe Studio? Take a free 30 minute trial lesson first to see if it’s the right fit for you! In this trial lesson you will receive:
- One free reed, handmade by me (In the case of online lessons, I’ll ship this to you before your trial lesson)
- Goal Planning Worksheet
- Beginner Students:
- Start with Success Handout – beginner tips for students and parents
- Trial Lesson Tunes – exercises and melodies you’ll be able to play using the notes we learn during the trial lesson
- Transfer Students:
- Build a Better Warmup – exercises to add to your warmup, according to your specific goals
If you’d like to learn how to schedule your free trial lesson or have some questions you’d like answered first, click the button below. Fill out the form to get in contact with me, and I’ll happily address all your concerns!